The Department of Health and Human Services – Cancer Strategy and Development invited eligible health services to participate. The first five health services commenced in February 2018.
All projects will work towards achieving the following objectives:
1. Align the time from receipt of referral to commencement of treatment for patients with OG cancer to within 42 days as recommended in the optimal care pathways for people with OG cancer. Areas of focus will include:
- time from receipt of referral to first OG cancer specialist appointment
- time from first specialist appointment to diagnosis and MDT meeting
- time from diagnosis to first treatment.
2. Increase the number of patients with a new diagnosis of OG cancer discussed at an MDT meeting to 85% by the end of 2018.
These projects will use redesign methods to take a system-wide view of the current impacts on timelines and MDM presentations and opportunities for improvement.
NEMICS is the host for this program of work. A program manager and a series of Community of Practice (CoP) events will support all local projects.
The first CoP is scheduled for Tuesday 20 March 2018 at Victoria University, Melbourne. The attached flyer provides full event details. If you would like to register your interest, please contact Melissa Shand OG redesign program manager on:
Phone: 9496 3831