Financial and legal
During your care and treatment you may face different medical and treatment related costs. What you pay will depend on whether you are treated as a public or private patient; the type of hospital/service you attend and the sorts of medication/equipment needs you might have. You may also have to cover the costs of travel and accommodation to attend medical appointments.
TIP – It is a good idea to keep a record of your medical and treatment-related costs and travel requirements. This may help you to:
- claim financial assistance or support
- claim from your health fund or other insurance providers
- manage your financial expenses
- keep records for taxation reasons
- claim travel and accommodation costs
- apply for benefits, pensions or reimbursements
- keep records of when you reach limits such as the Safety Net for Medicare or the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme, or your private health fund limits.
Please find blank forms that you might want to use to record your medical, treatment and travel-related information and costs.