Colorectal cancer summit 2018
Make a difference to outcomes and the experience of care by contributing your expertise at this event!
Multidisciplinary colorectal cancer clinicians are invited to attend the second Victorian Colorectal Cancer Summit in Melbourne. Come and hear about progress with the 2014 Colorectal Cancer Summit outcomes and Optimal Care Pathway Implementation efforts.
The clinical working party co-chaired by Mr Brian Hodgkins and Dr Geoff Chong has been re-formed to oversee the organisation of the 2018 event.
- How are we tracking with colorectal cancer multidisciplinary care in Victoria?
- The quality of colorectal cancer care in Victoria: review of data
- Developments in screening, colonoscopies and early diagnosis of colorectal cancer
Friday 16 March 9.00am-1.00pm
RACV Club, 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne
2014 Colorectal cancer summit
More than 60 stakeholders from across Victoria gathered to review data and identify local and state wide priorities to improve outcomes for people with colorectal cancer.
Major themes for the day were:
- Data – more data and more accurate data
- Multidisciplinary meetings
- Emergency presentations – are we missing early diagnoses?
- Variation in treatment received
- Early diagnosis and colonoscopies – more information about wait times, strategies to improve access to diagnostic colonoscopies
- Screening – ways to improve the participation in the National Bowel Cancer Screening Project (NBCSP)
Please register for the 2018 colorectal cancer summit below: